Music Therapy Internships
An established health profession and therapeutic method, music therapy uses music to address physical, emotional, cognitive and social needs of individuals. By facilitating music in individual and group settings, the music therapist helps patients and families cope with pain, stress, fear, medical procedures and the unfamiliarity of the hospital environment.
Music Therapy Internship
Prisma Health offers two 26-week music therapy national roster internship sites listed by the American Music Therapy Association.
As a music therapy intern at Prisma Health, you will observe, co-lead, and eventually lead music therapy sessions as a part of an interdisciplinary team in a dynamic hospital system. Our team of board-certified, experienced music therapists will provide consistent supervision, guiding you through the internship experience and offering support as you become a skillful professional.
Click below to view our internship opportunities as well as information on how to apply.
- Advanced Practice Providers Fellowship Programs
- Allied Health Professions Training and Residency Programs
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- Academic Rotations
- Healthcare Exploration
- Music Therapy Internships
- Prisma Health Hospitalist Fellowship – Upstate
- Student Research Enrollment
- Continuing Medical Education
- MedEx Academy
- Prehospital Education
- OBGYN Clinical Practice Guidelines