Prisma Health Simulation Center – Columbia
At the Prisma Health Simulation Center in Columbia, our mission is to provide dedicated, comprehensive simulation resources for healthcare team members and learners of all levels to enhance learning, application of knowledge and research.
- Increase the safety, efficacy and effectiveness of patient care through innovative interdisciplinary training.
- Allow for learning in a safe, non-threatening and controlled environment away from the clinical setting.
- Build confidence and increase the performance of clinicians.
- Increase exposure to critical, yet low frequency patient encounters in order to minimize the risk to patients.
- Increase effective communication among all members of our healthcare team.
- Develop simulation as a tool for the assessment of clinical skills.
- Use focused, methodologically sound research to measure the impact of simulation activities on learning and clinical practice.
- Significantly enhance quality improvement initiatives using simulation activities.