Prisma Health Simulation Center – Greenville
Sophisticated, simulation-based learning, training and research equipped with advanced multimedia and information technology.
35,000 square feet of purpose-built space
Located at the Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital campus, on the second floor of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville and the third floor of the Clemson University School of Nursing, our advanced medical simulation training center encompasses 35,000 square feet of purpose-built space equipped with simulation, clinical skills, and a willed body program.
A multidisciplinary center, we serve nearly every teaching program affiliated with Prisma Health in addition to community-based healthcare providers, workforce development and pipeline programs.
- High school and college students (enrolled in the “MedEx Academy”).
- Medical students from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville.
- Nursing students from the Clemson University School of Nursing and other local training institutions.
- Pharmacy and advanced practice nursing students.
- Emergency medical personnel.
- Medical residents (i.e. – Pediatrics, Surgery, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Emergency Medicine, etc.).
- Faculty members from a variety of healthcare disciplines.
Prisma Health Simulation Center in the Upstate was one of the first 30 simulation centers in the world to be accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) in 2012 and earned reaccreditation in 2017. This is the highest honor attainable by a center in recognition of its efforts in operations, health care system integration, teaching and assessment standards.
This international accreditation validates the daily efforts of our staff and teaching faculty who utilize the Simulation Center. In doing so, we offer the highest quality of training to our learners so that they can, in turn, provide outstanding care to our patients in the clinical domain.
Facilities and features
- 48-seat procedure room for performing clinical tasks.
- Four 24-seat classrooms.
- 28 simulation rooms that function as a virtual hospital environment.
- Seven specialty rooms set up for labor and delivery, intensive care and surgery.
- Six debriefing rooms.
- Equipped with the latest simulation manikin technology – adult, child and infant patient simulators.
- State-of-the-art video and data capture system for assessment and debriefing of student performance.
About the Prisma Health Simulation Center
To improve patient care, patient safety, and healthcare education through the use of advanced instructional technology, which:
- Improves efficiency of learning.
- Improves effectiveness of learning.
- Fosters inter-professional collaboration.
- Improves patient safety.
- Increases the value of patient simulation through educational research.
Respect, caring and innovation in healthcare education are our values. We live our values through:
- The education of adult learning concepts.
- The integration of patient care standards to curricula.
- The acceptance of new ideas.
- Open communication
- Adherence to academic standards.