Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Greenville - Program Details
In 2012, The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville opened its doors on our campus. The UofSC School of Medicine Greenville has further enhanced the educational mission of our health system and has provided increasing opportunities for teaching and mentorship for our faculty and residents.
In Greenville, we are very fortunate to have a cohesive, supportive and hard-working group of residents devoted to patient care and each other. Our med-peds residents fit seamlessly within two excellent categorical programs while still retaining their own unique identity.
Prisma Health Support of Med-Peds
- Primary Care Practices – 18 local Med-Peds physicians across four practices
- Med-Peds Hospitalist Program
- Employing over 40 Med-Peds trained physicians
- Approximately 50% of our program graduates to date have chosen careers in primary or urgent care
- Approximately 20% have chosen hospital medicine
- Approximately 30% have chosen additional subspecialty training
- Most of our graduates are involved in resident or student education either as part of their ongoing clinical practice or by serving as key clinical faculty
- Approximately 50% of our graduates stay in the area to practice medicine
- Approximately 75% of our local Med-Peds physicians are graduates of our residency program
Prisma Health Med-Peds Mission
Our mission is to train Med-Peds residents to become outstanding clinicians and to develop leaders in primary or specialty care for children and adults.
Whether your goals are to pursue hospital medicine, primary care Med-Peds, general academics or subspecialty fellowship training, our diverse and challenging program will provide you with the skills, experiences and mentorship necessary to develop a successful and rewarding Med-Peds career.