Most of these research resources are intended for investigator initiated projects including those for residency or fellowship requirements. Novice investigators are highly encouraged to seek guidance and feedback from a faculty mentor, program director, Academic Vice Chair, or institutional research directors.
Research protocol drafting and project design may take investigators several weeks or months to prepare. Regulatory approvals such as an IRB determination, data clearance, agreement processing or various other approvals may add time to the research development process. Investigators should take into account the time needed for all the prep work before a study can actually commence.
- Writing a Research Proposal
- Research Resource: Guide for Writing a Proposal & Resources for Investigator Initiated Research
- Prospective Design Research Protocol Template
- Retrospective Design Research Protocol Template
- Not sure which basic design to select? Click here for a descriptive overview.
- Project Proposal Template
- Writing an Abstract
Methodology, design, and data analysis
Prisma Health and its academic partners have several resources to support data analysis.
Prisma Health Data Support Core available for Prisma Health investigators, clinical faculty, trainees, and nurses design consultation, data request, statistical analysis.
University of South Carolina School of Medicine Columbia faculty can utilize the Research Center for Transforming Health for methodology, design and data analysis support. The RCTH has many tools and resources available for UofSCSOMC faculty and students.
Other investigator tools
Depending on the investigators affiliations, there are several citation and reference management software tools to access:
- Prisma Health Library subscribes to Refworks a group code is available on the right navigation of the Health Sciences Library to access Refworks.
- University of South Carolina- School of Medicine Greenville- can utilize Prisma Health Library or UofS resources (listed below).
- University of South Carolina- School of Medicine Columbia- EndNote available through SOM-Columbia library or UofSC resources (listed below); Note- Prisma Health residents/fellows do not have access to SOM-Columbia resources.
- Clemson University resources– Refworks, Zotero, Mendeley, EndNote (Basic).
- Furman University resources- NoodleTools; Refworks.
- University of South Carolina resources- EndNote; Zotero; Mendeley; Note- Prisma Health residents/fellows DO have access to UofSC resources.